BY ROBIN GHOSH
(ECONOMIST AND BUSINESS MENTOR)
KOLKATA, 3 JANUARY 2024:
Membership marketing strategy is designed primarily for:
1. Acquiring new customers
2. Retaining existing customers
3. Ensuring predictable conversion to uptick sales
4.Turning one time buyers into repeat customers.
How do you design a marketing membership tool for your company?
1. Continuously chase customers and convert them into members
2 .To chase the customers you have to use social media marketing, email marketing, websites and so on.
When you use social media it does:
1. Help you build deeper engagement with your existing and potential customers.
2. Help you to post your photos and videos about your products and services and communicate/ answer questions, reply to the customers as also clarify their doubts.
4. You can post testimonials, endorsement from your existing customers.
5 .You can communicate to your customers the ” Why” of your business, how you are solving an issue or a problem.
The membership marketing strategy is an enabling tool – it enables you to reach your target customers by providing deals and coupons.
You can use your existing members to bring new members by rewarding them. If they bring new members, offer them gifts, discounts or even cash rewards.
Apart from referral programs tied with a rewards system – you can run a contest among your customers and advertise the prize winning event to promote your business.
Quite often membership marketing strategy fails or generates low yield.This happens because of faulty pricing model.
Unless the pricing of membership is optimally designed – different price level different benefits, the result may not be that optimistic.
Membership does not come easy. Most customers would like to take a trial before subscribing – hence free trial with limited time frame and limited facilities could be a way out.
Frankly speaking, if you are looking for an effective membership marketing strategy for your company, consider the following:
1.Improve your website’s discoverability by implanting quality content — be it in graphics, video and storytelling..
2 . Make a content plan based on keywords related to services you provide.
You can use the SE Ranking keyword finder to find keywords relevant to your product and services.
3. For quick uptick of membership, you have to formulate a heavy duty SEO strategy. Essentially the core idea is to get your website on the first page.
Whatever platform you use like email or Facebook the focus should be on Call to Action(CTA).
To summarize: to design a powerful membership marketing strategy — the most important step is crafting a creative and intelligent narrative. A narrative which makes customers jump into the club. And be loyal to the brand and the product or services on a life-long mode.