BY CHEF RANJAY TIWARY,
CHEF DE CUISINE,
THE WESTIN, KOLKATA
For Ragi Waffles:
– 1 cup ragi flour
– 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
– 1/4 cup yogurt
– 1/4 cup milk
– 2 tablespoons melted butter or oil
– 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
– 1 teaspoon baking powder
– 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
– A pinch of salt
– 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
– Fresh strawberries, washed and sliced
– Honey or maple syrup for drizzling
– Greek yogurt or whipped cream (optional)
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the Ragi flour, whole-wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and a pinch of salt. Mix well.
- In another bowl, whisk together the yogurt, milk, melted butter or oil, honey (or maple syrup), and vanilla extract if using.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Be careful not to overmix; a few lumps are okay.
- Lightly grease the waffle iron with a little oil or cooking spray to prevent sticking.
- Pour an appropriate amount of waffle batter onto the preheated waffle iron. Close the lid and cook until the waffles are golden brown and crisp, according to your waffle iron's instructions.
- Carefully remove the cooked waffles from the iron and place them on a plate.
- Top the Ragi waffles with fresh strawberry slices and drizzle with honey or maple syrup. You can also add a dollop of Greek yogurt or whipped cream for extra creaminess.
- Serve the Ragi waffles with fresh strawberries immediately while they are warm.