TTT NEWS NETWORK
KOLKATA, 22 AUGUST 2023:
In a historic initiative, Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone for redevelopment of 508 railway stations across the length and breadth of the countryon 6th August, 2023 under Amrit Bharat Stations Scheme.
Bolpur Shantiniketan Railway Station is a major railway station in Birbhum district of the state of West Bengal. It serves Bolpur City and Shantiniketan. This traditional station,which commemorates Viswa Kavi Rabindranath Tagore, Mahatma Gandhi & Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose, are being renovated under Amrit Bharat Stations Scheme.
Bolpur-Shantiniketan Station will also be redeveloped at a cost of Rs. 21.1 crores as a part of Amrit Bharat Stations scheme,. Master Plans are being prepared for development of this station as ‘City Centre’, with proper integration of both sides of the city. This integrated approach is driven by the holistic vision of overall urban development of the city, centered around the railway station.
The Amrit Bharat Station Scheme will bring more investment, more workflow, more employment both at the time of construction work for station redevelopment in Malda Town and also in post execution period when the railway station will became an economic hub of the locality.
At Bolpur-Shantiniketan Station, as Amrita Bharat Station, in addition to world class amenities and facilities will have space for One Station One Product (OSOP) stalls following visionary guidelines of Hon’ble Prime Minister for bringing Indian indigenous product to the global market and take advantage of our better competitive ability.
Now the Bolpur-Shantiniketan Station is all set to redevelop the stations as a catalyst of economic development of the city and also as platform for bringing local products to bigger market, materializing the Vocal for Local and Local to Global concept as visioned for boosting the domestic entrepreneurs and artisans by the Prime Minister.
Bolpur is also known for its Folk Culture. ‘ Baul-Gan’ is very popular among all the music lovers of West Bengal and all over the India as well. People come to Bolpur-
Shantiniketan for ‘Baul-Gan’ and its rich folk culture. Redevelopment of this station will in turn flourish the connection between Baul Gaan and its followers.
The Bolpur-Shantiniketan Station will be facelifted and packed with better facilities and amenities. The standard elements of the redeveloped station will have the features as follows :
- The Station will be developed as ‘City Centre’ for attraction and convenience of the passengers,
- The existing buildings of the station will be improved and redeveloped.
- The redevelopment of the station will provide well designed modern
- Passenger Amenities & well designed traffic circulation and inter-modal integration.
- Uniform and well designed traffic Signages will guide the passengers to make the journey of them easy and comfortable.
- Provision of suitable Property development in the Master Plans.
- Provision of second entry to railwaystation.
- The station will also be developed for walking for pleasure with beautiful landscaping,
- The Local Art & Sculpture by local artist will also be displayed to attract the tourist and passengers .
- Double Height Hall , , Future arrival blocks , Crew Lobby , Walkway, RPF Barrack, Mazdoor Union Office, Road electric substation will also be constructed.
- Toilets will be more clean & hygienic.
- Boundary Wall will give more safety and security to the passengers..
- Parking for Private Vehicles will help to reach the destination easily and to avoid unnecessary gatherings or traffic jams.
- Provision of lift and escalators.
- Provision of coach indicator boards.
- Provision to platform sheds.
- Provision of foot over bridge.
- Proper lighting arrangement.
The flow of fund and plethora of Station Redevelopment work will create avenues of employment and new business opportunity and thus will bring the much desired Amrit of Economic Development of the city.