TTT NEWS NETWORK
KOLKATA, 21 AUGUST 2023:
In a historic initiative, Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone for redevelopment of 508 railway stations across the length and breadth of the country on 6th August, 2023.
Malda Town Station will also be redeveloped at a cost of more than 43 crores as a part of Amrit Bharat Stations scheme,. Master Plans are being prepared for development of these station as ‘City Centre’, with proper integration of both sides of the city. This integrated approach is driven by the holistic vision of overall urban development of the city, centered around the railway station.
The Amrit Bharat Station Scheme will bring more investment, more workflow, more employment both at the time of construction work for station redevelopment in Malda Town and also in post execution period when the railway station will became an economic hub of the locality.
At Malda Town Station, as Amrita Bharat Station, in addition to world class amenities and facilities will have space for One Station One Product (OSOP) stalls following visionary guidelines of Hon’ble Prime Minister for bringing Indian indigenous product to the global market and take advantage of our better competitive ability.
Now the Malda Town Station is all set to redevelop the stations as a catalyst of economic development of the city and also as platform for bringing local products to bigger market, materializing the Vocal for Local and Local to Global concept as visioned for boosting the domestic entrepreneurs and artisans by the Prime Minister.
The Malda Town station will be facelifted and packed with better facilities & amenities. The standard elements of the redeveloped station will have the features as follows :
- Malda Town Station will be developed as ‘City Centre’ of Malda Town for attraction & convenience of the passengers.,
- The existing buildings of the station will be improved and redeveloped.
- The redevelopment of the station will provide well designed moder Passenger Amenities & well designed traffic circulation and inter-moda integration.
- Uniform and well designed traffic Signages will guide the passengers to make the journey of them easy and comfortable.
- Provision of suitable Property development in the Master Plans.
- The station will also be developed for walking for pleasure with beautiful landscaping,
- The Local Art & Sculpture by local artist will also be displayed to attract the tourist & passengers .
- Double Height Hall , , Future arrival blocks , Crew Lobby , Walkway, RPF Barrack, Mazdoor Union Office, Road electric substation will also be constructed.
- Toilets will be more clean & hygienic.
- Boundary Wall will give more safety and security to the passengers..
- Parking for Private Vehicles will help to reach the destination easily & to avoid unnecessary gatherings or traffic jams.
The flow of fund and plethora of Station Redevelopment work will create avenues of employment and new business opportunity and thus will bring the much desired Amrit of Economic Development of the city.