BY TTT NEWS SERVICE
KOLKATA, 9 AUGUST 2022
Manav Soni, has been reelected as the Chairman (Eastern region) of Travel Agents Association of India (TAAI) for a period of the next two years. Anjani Kumar Dhanuka has been reelected as the honorary secretary of Eastern region and Sanjeev Mehra has been reelected as the honorary treasurer ( Eastern region) of the Travel Agents Association of India.
The Eastern Region of Travel Agents Association of India (TAAI) has conducted their Annual Members Meeting at Park Hotel in Kolkata.
The Travel Agents Association of India has been a leading voice for the tourism industry in the country.
“ Pledge to continue working towards the growth of the industry,” said Manav Soni after being reelected as the Chairman ( Eastern Region) of TAAI..
This was the first physical mode of Annual Members Meeting of TAAI Eastern region post pandemic.
The TRAVEL AGENTS ASSOCIATION OF INDIA (TAAI) was formed towards the end of the year 1951 by a group of twelve leading travel agents, who felt the time had come to create an Association to regulate the travel industry in India along organized lines and in accordance with sound business principles.
The primary purpose was to protect the interests of those engaged in the industry, to promote its orderly growth and development and to safeguard the travelling public from exploitation by unscrupulous and unreliable operators.
In the following years, the Association’s membership has swelled steadily from the original 12 to approximately 2500 members consisting of Active, Associate, Allied, Government and Non-Resident.
Aims and Objectives
TAAI is conscious of the interest of the travelling public and maintains high ethical standards within the travel trade. TAAI aims at the development of the travel and tourism industry in India by constantly improving the standard of service and professionalism in the industry so as to cater to the needs of the travelers and tourists from within India and overseas. TAAI is engaged in promoting mutual cooperation among the different segments of the travel and tourism industry, among TAAI members, by contributing to the sound progress and growth of the industry as a whole.
Activities of TAAI
- TAAI functions as a powerful platform for interaction of thoughts and experiences.
- TAAI helps promote, maintain and stimulate the growth of travel and tourism in the industry.
- TAAI educates and equips the members to meet the challenges of tomorrow through conventions and seminars.
- TAAI draws the attention of the controlling and regulatory authorities in the country and discusses with them the problems of the industry and works for the survival and betterment of its members.
- TAAI maintains close contact with world bodies and represents matters affecting the travel and tourism industry of the country.
- TAAI gathers useful information on travel and tourism and disseminates the same to its members for their guidance.
- TAAI helps develop better understanding among the different segments of the travel industry and brings them into its fold by offering membership under different categories.
- TAAI fosters fraternity among its members.