BY ROBIN GHOSH
( FORMER CHIEF ECONOMIST, BENGAL CHAMBER OF COMMERCE AND INDUSTRY)
KOLKATA, 24 OCTOBER 2022
You can not be just silent about your brand.You need to nudge your brand occasionally to keep it alive and jumping.
Take for example the campaign Scam se Bachao ( Beware of Scam ) by WhatsApp or Protinex Protein Abhijan to promote intake of protein among senior citizens by Protinex are examples of purpose driven advertising campaigns.
Startups should know why such campaigns are launched online or in the standard media platforms.
Primarily for three reasons:
1. Influence customers to perceive the brand as a responsible entity
2. Improve Customer loyalty.
3 . Reduce Customer Acquisition cost over the long run.
Moreover, while conducting purpose driven advertising, a few things to be borne in mind. The text and images should not exhibit frivolousness, should be crisp and to the point.It should not depict only the problem but also a practical layout, an action guide line.
To create a purpose driven marketing campaign you will have to follow a tight rope guideline. Briefly, they are:
* Define your target as clearly as possible to have right clarity and right direction.
*Stay put on your focus and build up a consistent message plan.
* Your goal and mission should be virtuous and measurable.
2. DONT’ S
* The cause should be in the limelight not the brand.
* Too many messages will confuse the target customers. Be sharp and crisp.
* Embed right measuring metrics for evaluation
To summarize, while crafting and fine tuning your purpose scripted campaign please ensure :
1. Don’t be brand- centric, be consumer centric.
2. Explore the scope of involving influencers from different groups to create compelling
3. Identify relatable characters and situations to convey the message. Watch the Loantap Campaign. Organize your creative roadmap
BY ROBIN GHOSH